Hello! And welcome to Mindsprings' first online course.
I am posting an abbreviated version of the teaching from the courses taking place at St. Mary's Brighton this winter so that people who are unable to attend or afford the course can still have some experience of embodiment and compassion. In these challenging times we need it!
- Although you will not be getting the full group experience, I am still asking those people who want to do the course to commit to the daily practice in between each weekly session. This will give you the benefit of these teachings that have been helping people for more than two and half thousand years.
- Each week there will be a guided practice as well as a short excerpt from the weeks teaching giving the kernel of that week's focus.
- The Embodied Mindfulness course runs from November 16 till December 21. The Compassion course runs from Jan 18 till February 22.
- The teachings are given for free but if you are inspired, I would encourage you to click onto the Refugee Action website and donate some money to this charity helping some of the least fortunate in the world as they struggle to find a safe place to live and recover from the devastation of their homes and families.
- If you are taking part in the course, please let me know with an introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also the address if you have any questions about the practice.
- You can find the recordings here.Guidelines about our online community are here.
(You need to have signed up to Mindsprings to access the teachings.)
Enjoy! May all beings benefit from our practice.